Sunday, June 1, 2014

My ultimate studio

Latest sgraffito pieces available at the Toledo Museum Store
















After pondering for some time on whether to splurge or not, I finally went ahead and got the last two things I was wanting for my studio—
a clay extruder and air conditioning. Christopher did another fantastic job with the installation on both. I feel very fortunate.

Clay extruder
I ended up choosing the Bailey clay extruder with the new stainless steel body because it was recommended if using porcelain and white stoneware. With the addition of this piece of equipment, it is my intention to try some different techniques that I haven't done since I was in 577's ceramics studio.

The temperature-controlled air conditioner is really quiet with a remote control. The unit is wall hung so it doesn't impinge on my limited space and windows. This summer I will have no more excuses of being too hot. I'll now have to find some new reason for not getting work done.

Air-conditioned comfort



No comments:

Post a Comment